Vote Yes on Measure EE on June 4!
Special Local School Funding Election: June 4, 2019
To provide additional locally-controlled school funding, the Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education voted unanimously to place Measure EE, a 16 cent per square foot parcel tax, on the ballot in a special local school funding election on June 4, 2019.If approved by 66.7% of voters, Measure EE would provide local school funding to:
- Attract and retain high-quality teachers and school employees
- Reduce class sizes
- Provide quality science, technology, English and math programs and materials
- Expand arts and music programs for more students to participate in these programs
- Enhance vocational and career training to prepare students for good jobs
- Provide preschool programs to help the youngest students with a strong start in school
- Add counselors, school nurses, principals and important support staff
- Provide school support services for students with disabilities, economically disadvantaged students, homeless and foster youth
- By law, all Measure EE funds must be used to support Los Angeles public schools and cannot be taken away by the state or federal government.
- All Measure EE funds are subject to independent oversight, annual audits and reports detailing the use of funds.